Move money from your Absa bank account into your Airtel Money Account or MTN Mobile Money Account.
Make payments anywhere, anytime, using your cellphone.
It's a convenient way to pay for goods and services.
This is safe, secure and easy to manage.
How it works
- Log into internet banking.
- Select Pay my utility bill.
- Select Payee as New payee.
- Select Biller type as Mobile Wallet.
- Select Biller as “Funds transfer to Airtel Money” or ‘’Funds transfer to MTN Mobile Money”.
- For Airtel, there is an option to send to own telephone number or other number.
- For MTN, there is only one option, to send to your own number.
- If you select own number, the money will be sent to the mobile number you have registered with the bank. If you choose other number, you will be asked to enter the mobile number where the money will be sent.
- Click next, select account to be debited and enter amount you wish to send, click next and confirm.
- An OTP will be sent to your mobile phone.
- Enter OTP and confirm.
- Confirmation SMS will be sent to your mobile phone upon completion of the transaction.
- Dial *233#
- Enter PIN.
- Select option 7-M Wallet
- Select Airtel Money or MTN Mobile Money.
- For MTN, the money will be sent to the mobile number registered with the bank.
- For Airtel, you can choose if you want to send money to your own mobile number or other mobile number.
- If you choose other mobile number, you will be asked to enter the mobile number you wish to send to.
- Enter amount and confirm transaction.
- Confirmation SMS will be sent to your mobile phone.
Dial *185≠ for Airtel or *165≠ for MTN on your mobile handset
- Go to Financial services.
- Under financial services, click 2 (Send money to bank account).
- A message will pop up on the list of financial institutions to send money to. Click next till you get to Absa bank.
- Select bank account (accounts linked to the mobile number on Hello Money will be displayed).
- Select amount to send.
- Message will pop up on the amount to transfer and the account number transferring and fee/charge (if any).
- You will be asked to enter a PIN at this point.
- A pop up of transaction being processed will be seen.
- You will receive a message from the mobile network on the amount that has been sent.
- You will receive a message from Absa Bank on the amount received on the account.