Online Banking at Absa works best with Internet Explorer 9, Chrome and FireFox. We recommend 128-bit encryption for logging into Online Banking.
You can find out the version and strength of the browser by clicking on Help 'About Internet Explorer'. The first two lines will have the required information.
Required settings for Internet Explorer 9 and above
- On the Internet Explorer browser toolbar, go to Tools
- Then click on Internet Options
- Then click on Advanced and scroll down to Security
- Here, enable Use SSL 2.0 & Use SSL 3.0
- Click on Apply then OK
- Now go to Tools
- Click on Internet Options
- Go to Security
- Go to Custom Level
- Scroll down the list and go to Scripting of Java Applets and enable it
- If you are using LAN on your Internet Explorer toolbar, click on Tools
- Go to Internet Options
- Click on Connections
- Go to LAN Settings
- Now click on Advanced
- In servers, Secure Field should not be blank.